Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoneFishing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
;) Hey all,

I have searched the forums and seen bad and good reveiw about the Logitech S 530 desktop. It includes a white/sliver color matching keyboard and mouse to my Macbook Pro.

This set seems to be a good solution to work with my MBP while sitting at my desk, however, I bootcamp and run WinXP as well for a lot of business applications.

Does anyone know, before I go and get it, if the S 530 will work within WinXP correclty?

Also, I heard there was a driver issue with switching accounts on the Mac would turn off the wireless keyboard set. Is that still the case?

Any help is appreciated, other wireless desktop soultions are welcome as well.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I have the S530 and have no problems using it in XP or Vista via Bootcamp. In fact, I have far fewer connection problems (none, actually) with this set compared to my expensive but craptastic MX5000 Bluetooth set I had earlier this year.

kevin1182

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2005
no problems here

I have that set on a macbook, and I frequently run parallels without any problems whatsoever. The keyboard took some getting used too, but now that I am used to it I have one at work and one at home and dislike using any other keyboard!

Kevin

GoneFishing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I have that set on a macbook, and I frequently run parallels without any problems whatsoever. The keyboard took some getting used too, but now that I am used to it I have one at work and one at home and dislike using any other keyboard!

Kevin

I think Paralles runs a virtual machine so the hardware that WinXP is registering is a virutal keyboard set not the actual S 530; whereas in boot camp you are running WinXP natively, meaning WinXP needs to recognize the S 530 itself, which runs drivers for Mac.

How was your experience in Boot Camp?

GoneFishing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I have the S530 and have no problems using it in XP or Vista via Bootcamp. In fact, I have far fewer connection problems (none, actually) with this set compared to my expensive but craptastic MX5000 Bluetooth set I had earlier this year.

That's fantastic. I heard a lot of people have trouble getting the WinXP drivers to work properly, how did you get around that? :cool:

lmcintyre

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2006
the set works fine in boot camp without any drivers installed, but none of the hot keys will work. If that isnt a big deal for you, just plug it in and forget about it.

kevin1182

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2005
Only have experience in Parallels

Yea, I have only tried the set with Parallels, but glad to hear that it works well with Bootcamp also...

Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.