Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
When a company logo is designed, during the logo presentation, the designer will show a few pics of how the logo can work with images. These pics will help to enrichen the logo's uses. Is there a name for such pics? Could they be called something like PromoPics?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 106

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Hmm, thanks but im not sure that "logo mockups" is what im looking for. That sounds kinda generic, i think what im looking for is a more specific name to such mockups.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
You can call it whatever you like, it’s just logo examples, mock-ups, proof of concepts. No official name for it.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
You can call it whatever you like, it’s just logo examples, mock-ups, proof of concepts.

Also if you’re showing logos to customers they are not going to remember what you called it. The logo is what they are interested in. 😊

Reactions: zoran

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Hmm, thanks but im not sure that "logo mockups" is what im looking for. That sounds kinda generic, i think what im looking for is a more specific name to such mockups.

"mockups", "proof of concept", "work in progress", even "samples" tend to be the most-used phrases in these scenarios, so I'm not sure what you mean by a 'less generic' term. Any specific name would be unique to that particular scenario, so there really isn't any widespread term of specificity...

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Maybe im not describing correctly what im looking for.
As you can see, the logo is finished. What i wanted was a name for the whole graphic in which the logo participates in. I guess it wouldn't be called "logo mockup" or "logo concept" because those two names just describe logo variations. What i want, is to describe the grafx variations that the logo participates in.
But i guess if we are ending to the same options, lets drop it, cause im tiring you over this.
I apreciate your help guys ;-)

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Guys, i think the title "Proof of Concept" is what i need. You were right all along... its what i wanted to show and that would be that the proposed design solution is practically feasible :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.