Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarsUltor

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2007
It looks like Diablo and GoW (that is God of War, not the lame Gears of War that stole the abbreviation) had a baby, and that game was its child

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
The Blizzard North guys are now called Flagship Studios and are developing a game called Hellgate: London, a spiritual succesor to Diablo you could say...

So no, I don't think any Blizzard North employee is involved with this Loki game.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
The Blizzard North guys are now called Flagship Studios and are developing a game called Hellgate: London, a spiritual succesor to Diablo you could say...

So no, I don't think any Blizzard North employee is involved with this Loki game.

That thing was "under development" for years. It's vaporware-ness is close to Duke Nukem Forever proportions.

lordwindgrace

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2007
well actually this game is like a very cheap singleplayer version of world of warcraft... complete screen layout + skill(talentpoint) idea are identical... but the graphics just stink and the controls need LOADS of gettin used to..

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
That thing was "under development" for years. It's vaporware-ness is close to Duke Nukem Forever proportions.

Hellgate: London was announced in April 2005. Confirmed release date is Oct/Nov 2007. That's about 2-3 years.
DNF was announced in April 1997. No confirmed release date. So 10+ years with no end in sight.

(Diablo II was announced in Sept 1997. Scheduled for a late 1998 release, but got delayed until 2000. That's still 2-3 years from announcement to release.)

I don't think they have much in common :p

Loki is made by Cyanide Software. Creator of various sports games such as Pro Cycling Manager and Horse Racing Manager. Plus a RPG/RTS called Chaos League, that I've never heard of before. I really doubt there's any ex-Blizzard employees there. Maybe some janitor, but that's pushing it.

Can't say much about Loki itself, since the main menu is bugged for me (screen is white and no menu is displayed).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.