Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaysonbank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I spoke a store employee, Regent St Apple store still has a large line, and although it is smaller than yesterdays, the wait time is extremely long due to "o2's sign up system".

The news on stock is that unlike CPW/o2 they do not anticipate running out at all. They will be receiving new stock every day by the truck load. However, they unofficially recommend waiting until late Monday/early Tuesday to show up if you want to get an iPhone without a significant amount of standing in line and waiting for activation.

In short: forget about it until Monday, you're not getting an iPhone without a 10 hour wait wherever you go.

fastbite

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
London
Apple at Brent Cross is the same. Long long wait... does somebody know if you can upgrade at the Apple store? I know you could not but I read some posts saying you could ???

Kevrani76

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Just had a call from the Regent Street store, to say I can go and collect my reserved phone after 2pm!!

paulyonder

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
jayson,

cheers for the info mate, much appreciated, i reckon i'll pop over late afternoon and check the situation out, what else are saturdays for other than queuing in a polite British fashion?

will give you chaps and chapesses a heads up on my return later this avo.

in the meantime can people give us an update as and when they return from regent st. today?

ta!

p

fastbite

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
London
It's funny, been speaking with my parents in Madrid and they are telling me that it is the same mess in Spain. Not that they care that much -- still amusing that all over the place we have people waiting, systems collapsing, etc.

Sin

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Not London
Yet another kick in the teeth for existing owners if Apple can keep their stores (catering only for new customers) in stock, but can't do the same for anyone else.

All I want to do is be able to order a phone, and be put into line with anyone else that doesn't mind waiting - you know, like every other product being sold.

Apple Architect

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2007
United Kingdom
When di you get to the shop yesterday to get in line

Just had a call from the Regent Street store, to say I can go and collect my reserved phone after 2pm!!

Kevrani,

What time did you get to Regent street yesterday?

I am hoping that they are following the original order - but given people are queuing today it looks like the reservations from yesterday have been thrown out the window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.