Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
Look what I found while being forced to help clean out a school's old computer lab. A packaged set of old Apple Mouse pads still in the wrapper, and (hehe) 2 Boxes of Apple toner cartridges featuring the old multicolored logo. These were locked up in a closet that seemed like it hadn't been opened for years. I went to this school and my mom is a teacher and the District Tech Rep. I have spent many an hour in that old lab back when it was sporting old Apple II's. About 5 years ago the lab went Dell and it broke my heart. I have permission from the school to keep my treasures as the whole district has gone Dell and they liquidated anything Apple a long time ago.

If any one wants the toner I would give it up for a small price, or even just the price of shipping. I dont need it, and i doubt anyone else besides the people on this forum would. But the mouse pads are mine, unless some one makes an outrageous offer.

Attachments

• DSC03446.JPG
    DSC03446.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC03447.JPG
    DSC03447.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC03449.JPG
    DSC03449.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 158

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
We have a stack of those same old mouse pads at school. Would you like to trade your stack for an identical one? :D

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
jessica. said:
How many mousepads did you find?

There is a set of 3 in one package, and the funny part is it was under a pile of Dell mouse pads, i only found them because i knocked some over with a box i was trying to get out of the closet. And Dr. Q I think im gonna hold on to mine for a while :D as i cant seem to find any of the same on ebay or missingbite. Looks like what I have it pretty rare.;) But you're more than welcome to my 2 toner cartridges :p

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
tangerineyum said:
There is a set of 3 in one package, and the funny part is it was under a pile of Dell mouse pads, i only found them because i knocked some over with a box i was trying to get out of the closet. And Dr. Q I think im gonna hold on to mine for a while :D as i cant seem to find any of the same on ebay or missingbite. Looks like what I have it pretty rare.;) But you're more than welcome to my 2 toner cartridges :p

I think the mouse pads shipped with the LC III. I have one also, and it seems they are about 12 years old. Oh, what Model Printer are the toner cartriges for?

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
macEfan said:
I think the mouse pads shipped with the LC III. I have one also, and it seems they are about 12 years old. Oh, what Model Printer are the toner cartriges for?

12 years old still in the wrapper?! Thats awesome, i know they were old but not that old. I guess I dont get to rip them open anytime soon.

The toner is model number M1960G/A and works with
LaserWriter Select 300, 310, 360, and 610

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
WOW Amazing, too bad the only school in our district that would have anything that old would be the elementary school and I'm pretty sure it'd look weird if I suddenly went back there 8 years later (from 2nd grade, now in 10th) and just asked if I could snoop around :p.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
amacgenius said:
WOW Amazing, too bad the only school in our district that would have anything that old would be the elementary school and I'm pretty sure it'd look weird if I suddenly went back there 8 years later (from 2nd grade, now in 10th) and just asked if I could snoop around :p.

My mom could let you in :p, she works there :p

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
wwooden said:
I use that exact mouse pad, I never knew it had such a history. I just found it in my dads closet and snatched it to use it.
Im using that mouse pad as we speak.

on my pc... I have a sign above it saying "I wish I was a....."
ahaha I thought it was appropriate

O well my ibooks coming soon

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
I have one of those mouse pads at the user group I go to.

I use it for my mouse there that I use when I refurbish machines to go to the elderly, schools, and low income families.

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
Would you ever give up one of those mouse pads for...say... a paypal transfer?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
He heh
Reminds me of an illustrious time in Apples history -- they gave away mouse pads very much like those with new machines -- exept that they cheaped out on them, and besides being thin and poorly padded, the pads generated static electricity when you used them, and they started frying mice. Apple had to recall the promotional mouse pads... This would be in LC / Classic era.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
CanadaRAM said:
Reminds me of an illustrious time in Apples history -- they gave away mouse pads very much like those with new machines -- exept that they cheaped out on them, and besides being thin and poorly padded, the pads generated static electricity when you used them, and they started frying mice. Apple had to recall the promotional mouse pads... This would be in LC / Classic era.
When they had Apple Store events for the release of Jaguar, they gave away Jaguar mousepads, even though Apple had switched to optical mice, which no longer needed mousepads. In fact, optical mice got confused if they were on a very-patterned surface, such as... let me think of an example... hmmm, ok... yes... Jaguar fur!

jaguarmousepad.jpg

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
MacMosher said:
Im using that mouse pad as we speak.

on my pc... I have a sign above it saying "I wish I was a....."
ahaha I thought it was appropriate

O well my ibooks coming soon
How much do you think I could get for the vintage mouse pad?

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
tangerineyum said:
And Dr. Q I think im gonna hold on to mine for a while :D as i cant seem to find any of the same on ebay or missingbite. Looks like what I have it pretty rare.;)p

Okay, well I hate to bust this bubble, but I have over 50 of those mouse pads and I paid ten bucks on eBay for them about 2 years ago, and the toner, I have a box load of those somewhere... It is still a nice find, and I'm sure those would be put to good use...

BTW: Anyone remember those LC computers, and how the schools loved them... Yeah, the came with those computers for the lab... And who here doesn't have an LC something or other laying around :D :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.