Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monssef

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
Hi guys, I was looking for an airholder while I am in bed, most of the time I fall a sleep with the iPad in my chest. After much research and watching YouTube videos I saddled on lookbad airholder http://www.airholder.com/airholder/ $120 + $38 shipping ouch!! Looking at the concept of the product it looked great. I was excited to receive it and try it out. Unfortunately all my excitement went away when Openned up the box and tried their aircase that holds the iPad and attached to the airholder. I had an invisibles held in the back of my iPad to protect from scratches. When I tried the aircase it didn't want to snap, At first I thought they sent me the iPad 2 aircase instead. I contacted them and they told me it's Imposible the case fit both iPad 2 and 3. I asked them if they think the shield will make a different. They said take it off and try it. That was the 1st problem, they never mentioned that in their product ads. Just knowing that I have to take the shield off from iPad I would have another thought of buying it. So I took it off and finally the case bearly snapped in what caused it to buckle and make a huge gap, probably my finger will stick inside. I sent them an email about the faulty aircase but they won't budge. At least a refund for the aircase and the invisibleshield that I had to through out. First they told me to send the whole thing back for $120 refund means $38 shipping goes outta the water. Plus I have to pay another $38 or more to ship it back. So after emails back and forward they told me to refund the whole thing $158 but I still have to pay to ship it back and god knows if they will give me my money back. What a trap! I posted the pictures that I am about to post here in their Facebook page and guess what? I got banned immediately before anybody can see their crappy product. I advise anyone here that looking for an airholder to not even think of looking at this product.

ae3f9680.jpg

a7b5fab9.jpg

1ec77bdb.jpg
72487669.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiffie

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2012
Hello

I am Tiffany, LookBad's admin, we have refunded your order indeed, including the shipping charge like you asked. Before purchase, we stated clearly that we will not be in charge for shipping charges (this is standard procedure worldwide), however, we understand that your upset and unhappiness over this issue is tremendous therefore we would gladly refund shipping charges too.
Please check paypal, we have accepted your dispute of a refund.
We banned you on FaceBook because of spam of your photos, we need to do our advertising... and yes, we have posted pictures of our AirCase problem and made a whole article on it. We have admitted indeed.

After a refund, admitted, and slander of our name, we would kindly like to ask publicly what more do you want.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Wow that's horrible. Did they even test the product before making it available for purchase?

lol @ slander. Why should he brush this problem under the rug when your company couldn't even bother to take 1 minute and test the product before putting it up for sale for an astronomical amount.

Good to know you delete honest reviews from your Facebook page as well. I'll make sure to never trust your advertising.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
After a refund, admitted, and slander of our name, we would kindly like to ask publicly what more do you want.

The pictures clearly show the product doesn't fit properly. It shouldn't even be that bad with an invisible shield on!

Maybe he should be refunded the additional $38 (or whatever it was) that he had to pay to send it back, and also refunded the cost of a new invisible shield, as he was told to take that off and it clearly made little to no difference.

gean

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
Lookbad Ipad holder

Can any one, have any current info about the lookbad air holder system. Have that made any changed to make it fit properly?

If not are there any other potucts, I seen some form Amazon, but they look cheep.

thanks to all who respond. :)

Fred87nc

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2008
Well I was thinking of buying this. Even paying the premium, but had to look at honest review before hand. I have an ipad 2 but don't want my future purchase of N ipad fourth gen to not work.

Have these issues been fixed?

MistaGavin

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Yikes. I don't think I would buy from them, even if they did manage to get things sorted out. They seem shady.

beefish

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
So Cal
Wow I LOVE MINE

Too bad you had a bad experience with them. I preordered one and have had it for quite a while now and I use it every night in fact I am using it right now typing two handed while laying in bed. I love it! I have the iPad 2.

When I preordered it they were offering a discount if you Liked them on Facebook or tweeted it. I wrote to them and told them I do not use FB or Twitter but I told them I would send emails to ten people I knew that owned iPads if they gave me the discount. They agreed and when I first received it I could not believe the quality of the thing. It is made of heavy duty substantial aluminum and it is very adjustable. Height, length angle all totally adjustable and very stable. It swings away against the wall while making the bed or swings out to the other side. It has an included USB cable and a USB cable enclosed it the frame as well so there is no cords hanging all over. It is very easy to clip in and out and stays clipped in, always! I do not have the film on my iPad but it does work with the Apple mag cover in place.
I could not be happier with my AirHolder and I find the value for the price very good!:)

evasquez7

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
I love my AirHolder. I have had mine for about 7 months and the only problem I had was with trying to figure out how to remove the iPad from the AirCase. Once I figured that out though I was completely satisfied. The case fits the iPad 3 (by itself) perfectly. Sucks that you had such a bad experience but I have nothing but love for my AirHolder. It's so nice to be able to lay in bed, look up and see my iPad above me and to be able to use it without having to hold onto it.

Fry-man22

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
Too bad you had a bad experience with them. I preordered one and have had it for quite a while now and I use it every night in fact I am using it right now typing two handed while laying in bed. I love it! I have the iPad 2.

When I preordered it they were offering a discount if you Liked them on Facebook or tweeted it. I wrote to them and told them I do not use FB or Twitter but I told them I would send emails to ten people I knew that owned iPads if they gave me the discount. They agreed and when I first received it I could not believe the quality of the thing. It is made of heavy duty substantial aluminum and it is very adjustable. Height, length angle all totally adjustable and very stable. It swings away against the wall while making the bed or swings out to the other side. It has an included USB cable and a USB cable enclosed it the frame as well so there is no cords hanging all over. It is very easy to clip in and out and stays clipped in, always! I do not have the film on my iPad but it does work with the Apple mag cover in place.
I could not be happier with my AirHolder and I find the value for the price very good!:)

And there you have it folks, a glowing recommendation from an individual with 5 posts - take that for what it is worth.

beefish

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
So Cal
Duh

And there you have it folks, a glowing recommendation from an individual with 5 posts - take that for what it is worth.

Dear FryMan22, Just because one does not live online and post on forums all day doesn't mean that his opinion is invalid.
Im still using my AirHolder everyday and still love it.
Get a life *******

The.Dude

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
Dear FryMan22, Just because one does not live online and post on forums all day doesn't mean that his opinion is invalid.
Im still using my AirHolder everyday and still love it.
Get a life *******

Turning a year old thread into a flame war..... Really?

Reactions: Fry-man22

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Can you use this to look into the iPad upside down, I mean laying on the bed and looking up?

Will it support an iPad Pro?

Fry-man22

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
Since it got dredged up, I'll just reply to this thread with the one true iPad stand. Don't waste your money on anything else.

Get on their mailing list for their open box items and get it for $150 which is frankly a great price.

Holds all variations of iPads.

http://www.floteyourtablet.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.