Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hicks.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
UK
I'm looking at buying a wireless BT Mighty Mouse from eBay. Is there a standard version and a Mighty version? Noticed some people advertise it without Mighty in the title.

Any other cheap places for a second hand one?

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I'm looking at buying a wireless BT Mighty Mouse from eBay. Is there a standard version and a Mighty version? Noticed some people advertise it without Mighty in the title.

Any other cheap places for a second hand one?

Apple's "old" mouse was the one button mouse. I don't believe they sell them anymore. "Mighty" mouse is the one with the left & right click, scroll ball, and side buttons. So yes, there is a difference. You should be able to tell be the picture though. (Mighty mouse will have the grayish scroll ball in the middle.)

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
If you look around in the forums, there have been a lot of people complaining that the scroll ball simply stops working. Seems to me that the wired version has some problems...but i don't know about the wireless/bluetooth version.

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Well I have the BT MM and never had any issues with it. I personally would check your apple store and sometimes you can pick up a refreshed one there on the side counter

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
If you look around in the forums, there have been a lot of people complaining that the scroll ball simply stops working. Seems to me that the wired version has some problems...but i don't know about the wireless/bluetooth version.
And the fix is to clean it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.