Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2022
hello all! i've been looking for the better part of my life for an old game i played as a kid. i'm 99% sure it was a mac game (but, as i had a non-mac later on, theres an outside chance it wasn't a mac os game)

here's what we have: i played this game in roughly 1998-2000. it was definitely released in the 90s, full color, and it was a point and click, not text based as far as i remember. definitely a game geared more towards children. it took place in the desert (i want to say arizona, but that could be biased as that's where i lived. so cal and utah are also distinctly possible). mostly it consisted of exploring the area and finding clues (for some greater mystery i can't remember, of course). i know a lot of the plot was based off of the native american tribe associated with the area. the graphics were not cartoonish in nature, although i cant remember if you interacted with any people and how they were stylized, or if you only interacted with the environment.

for the environment, unfortunately while i do remember it quite well, i'd only be describing a desert to you. there was a lot of exploring amongst red rock, and some red rock formations (attached photo of a red rock arch to give you an idea!) and cave systems in the area. my dad's most vivid memory of it is a fire pit where a clue was hidden, that took me way too long to find, which i think was in a cave. much finding of arrowheads and traditional jewlery and what not.

it's a longshot, but if this sparks anything in anyone's memory, please let me know! i'd be happy to find this game, at the very least so i can stop seaching.

Attachments

• delicate-arch-arches-national-park-utah.jpg
    delicate-arch-arches-national-park-utah.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 226

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
I don't really remember such a Mac game.
Sorry to hijack your thread, but probably the best Mac game of that time was Labyrinth of Time, imho, another graphic adventure game.

uuaschbaer

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2009
Probably not what you're looking for but I found this title just by randomly clicking on N on macintoshgarden.org. I was hoping they'd have some advanced search option but I haven't found one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.