Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rachelwhitney92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Hello!
I am currently on the hunt to figure out the name of a Macintosh game I played in the 90’s. I have been scouring the Internet with no luck and thought maybe I’d ‘phone a friend’, or many, so to speak.

The game was quite simple, I think it was more educational. It started out with a guy in a shopping cart zooming down a hilly road until he reaches this giant house. Once inside the house, you can go to the different floors through an elevator, where you find an assortment of fun, silly, and mysterious things you could click on to get sound effects, random movements or actions, or facts/information. At the bottom floor you’d go to a basement where you had to turn on a flashlight to see the mysterious things hidden down there. when you clicked on the main character guy, he would make the sound of gasping in surprise.
That is all I remember, and I have been searching for years trying to figure out the name of this game. Anyone know what I’m talking about/able to help me identify this?

ahurst

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2021
Whereabouts in the 90’s? Was it in color or in black-and-white? Were the scenes 2D or pre-rendered 3D like Myst?

You might have some luck searching through the point-and-click adventure game section on Macintosh Garden and looking at the screenshots.

Nugat Trailers

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2021
Try r/tipofmyjoystick or r/tipofmytongue on Reddit.

If you can remember the model Mac as well, that'll also help narrow it down.

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2020
Hello!
I am currently on the hunt to figure out the name of a Macintosh game I played in the 90’s. I have been scouring the Internet with no luck and thought maybe I’d ‘phone a friend’, or many, so to speak.

The game was quite simple, I think it was more educational. It started out with a guy in a shopping cart zooming down a hilly road until he reaches this giant house. Once inside the house, you can go to the different floors through an elevator, where you find an assortment of fun, silly, and mysterious things you could click on to get sound effects, random movements or actions, or facts/information. At the bottom floor you’d go to a basement where you had to turn on a flashlight to see the mysterious things hidden down there. when you clicked on the main character guy, he would make the sound of gasping in surprise.
That is all I remember, and I have been searching for years trying to figure out the name of this game. Anyone know what I’m talking about/able to help me identify this?

Gizmos and Gadgets from The Learning Company?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.