Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I am using an Iphoe Xs with a knockoff of the Magpul case. I'm finding that the phone is constantly switching to mute while in my pocket. I need to find a case that won't allow this to happen. Any help would be appreciated.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I only use Apple Leather cases and I have never had mute activate even once. That being said, I have had occasions where the mute switched when I put it in the case.

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I only use Apple Leather cases and I have never had mute activate even once. That being said, I have had occasions where the mute switched when I put it in the case.

Thanks for this. I will take a look at them. Do they offer a decent amount of protection? I don't abuse my phone but do occasionally drop it.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Thanks for this. I will take a look at them. Do they offer a decent amount of protection? I don't abuse my phone but do occasionally drop it.
I've dropped mine a few times with each generation of phone. Only once, a few years back did my phone need repair.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I haven't had a problem with the silence switch since I forget which iPhone. It had that weird switch which would somehow switch off silent in my pocket. I had to freaking use accessibility for software silence so it wouldn't go off silent while I was at work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.