Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salilsurendran

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2015
I have tried dozens of clipboard managers for mac but haven't found a good one as yet. I am looking for the following features:

1. I should be able to see a list of my last 10 - 20 copies items in a UI that I should be able to invoke with a shortcut key. Should be able to select the one I want with a shortcut key.
2. I should be able to invoke the search functionality with a shortcut key and search and then paste it with a shortcut key.
3. On pasting it should automatically be pasted into the application I am using.
4. Preferably should be free.

Any suggestions?

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
I have tried dozens of clipboard managers for mac but haven't found a good one as yet. I am looking for the following features:

1. I should be able to see a list of my last 10 - 20 copies items in a UI that I should be able to invoke with a shortcut key. Should be able to select the one I want with a shortcut key.
2. I should be able to invoke the search functionality with a shortcut key and search and then paste it with a shortcut key.
3. On pasting it should automatically be pasted into the application I am using.
4. Preferably should be free.

Any suggestions?

Give ClipMenu a try it does everything you want except the search.

http://www.clipmenu.com/

Reactions: dogslobber

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
It's not free but Paste is my clipboard manager app of choice and it meets all of your requirements. It also has great developers who are quick to respond to any issue.

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
Clip menu is the best. The others cost money or are junk.

What an intelligent, fact-filled, thought-provoking review. :rolleyes:

Clipmenu doesn't have search functionality, #2 on the OP's list of requirements.

Not that this needs writing but:

Not free ≠ not good

Last edited:

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
Why attack me personally for stating my opinion?

I'm not attacking you, personally or otherwise and you are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

Your reply seemed rather dismissive of a lot of good apps without good reason.

It is my opinion there are other clipboard managers as good as Clipmenu, some free.

As mentioned above, Clipmenu is lacking at least one of the features mentioned by the OP of this thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.