Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magicjames92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Hi, I want to make a mmorpg game for mac. (and windows too i guess, that comes second) I have a team of 4 people so far. We have a guy with maya. I can make trailers with final cut. We have ideas, storylines. But no programmer or artists. If you want to help this could hopefully do well. Please no messages saying "are u crazy? ya right. u have nothing." etc. thx

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Hi, I want to make a mmorpg game for mac. (and windows too i guess, that comes second) I have a team of 4 people so far. We have a guy with maya. I can make trailers with final cut. We have ideas, storylines. But no programmer or artists. If you want to help this could hopefully do well. Please no messages saying "are u crazy? ya right. u have nothing." etc. thx

What languages are you thinking of doing it with? Is it cross platform? And what engine are you considering?

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
i can semi c++ program I'm still learning. and I'm also an artist, depending on what you might need.
do you have more information? I'm diffidently interested.

Aranince

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2007
California
Tip from experience: Make a 2D ORPG (Leave out the Massive part) and aim for like a 50 person max game. That will be hard enough, let alone a massive 3d MMORPG.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
I agreed with Aranince. Apart from the technical obstacles, my first few experiences with multi-playing games literally kill my server...

magicjames92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
ok. english. cross platform of windows mac comes later, first mac. engine is up to you. 2d or 3d will be up to your ability. If you know 2d now, you could do that and maybe do 3d once you learn more. I agree with starting like Aranince said, but as it grows, add the m. lol. Thx for mostly nice responses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.