Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick786us

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Columbus, GA
I am looking for a good quality third party metal strap for my Apple Watch. It can be Milanese loop or a good metal chain (not too heavy). For now I am using cheap replicas that sheds color and is prone to damage.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Why not buy OEM? Then you're guaranteed quality.

There's several on eBay under the $45 mark, but they'll often pop up on resell for $20 or so. I just watched a gold one sell for $15, and I personally have a graphite Milanese listed somewhere for $29.

Reactions: maverick786us

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
The one provided by apple is too expensive
Again... eBay. $20. You don't have to buy it for $99. I almost never buy bands at full retail.

If $20 for a good, quality band is too much for you, you're not going to get a good quality band anywhere you look. Anything under that price is just going to be cheap garbage.

Reactions: maverick786us

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I'm looking for the same. Ideally I'd like a genuine new Apple Milanese band in Space Black. I have one on my AW5. It's in good condition and no problem transferring it to my AWU2 when it comes in but I rather have a new one. I've seen a bunch of third party bands. Don't know how good the quality is.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
It may not be the style you're looking for and it's not a $20 band, but I can give the Nomad Goods metal bracelet (Ti, SS and AL) very high marks for all design and manufacturing factors.

There are quite a few things that can go wrong with metal bands, ranging from pulling hair to outright failure. I'd read reviews, if available, carefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.