Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
So I have the itch to grab an Apple Lisa. I wanted a Twiggy original Lisa, but I am told they sell for $5K and up if functional. That's a bit steep. Anyone know of a source other than eBay for an orig. Lisa or a Lisa 2 / XL ?

Tnx.

blakespot

chatin

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2005
Vintage Micros has a few good Lisas.

I recently bought a fantastic factory "burn-in" keyboard for my Lisa 2/10, from Vintage Micros. It was used on the factory floor to burn-in the Lisas, and has a special quick plug connector and Apple Property tag # on it.

The owner is an old school O-Scope tech, and has quite the inventory.

Vintage Micros

:)

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Good luck finding a Twiggy Lisa. They're exceptionally rare. I bid on one on ebay several months ago, it sold for over $10,000. :eek: I'll probably settle on a nice Lisa 2 or Mac XL someday when the right one presents itself, probably on ebay.

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Can you believe Apple dumped hundreds of brand new unwanted Lisa's in a landfill site back in the mid eighties. I remember seeing a photo of a bulldozer crushing them in to dust as they where dumped to ensure none of the parts where salvageable. Brings tears to the eyes even now :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.