Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsomJRR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2003
San Diego
Can anyone recommend a good place to look for a programmer for help with an iPhone app? What kind of costs would I be looking at if I were to hire someone for a single application? I'm guessing this is the kind of project that an experienced programmer wouldn't have much of a problem with (it is basically a database with a specific interface I have in mind).

Thanks

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
One thing you might want to consider is to is to register as a free iPhone developer, watch the User Interface video, download the Mobile Human Interface Guidelines manual, and read about what type of interfaces are allowed and recommended by Apple. This will help you describe your needs, when interviewing a potential consultant, in a more realistic manner using a standard UI terminology.

Then hang out on the various iPhone and Apple developer forums and see if the posts and helpful replies from any developers seem to indicate someone with the skills required for your project.

MacsomJRR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2003
San Diego
One thing you might want to consider is to is to register as a free iPhone developer, watch the User Interface video, download the Mobile Human Interface Guidelines manual, and read about what type of interfaces are allowed and recommended by Apple. This will help you describe your needs, when interviewing a potential consultant, in a more realistic manner using a standard UI terminology.

Then hang out on the various iPhone and Apple developer forums and see if the posts and helpful replies from any developers seem to indicate someone with the skills required for your project.

I have the basic concept down pat and have actually spent a bit of time here and there attempting to develop something that resembles what I want using Xcode. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to sit down and figure out how to program it in Obj-C and Cocoa so I'm looking for a programmer who can help me.

What kinds of costs are involved in paying someone to program a database style application similar to the Netter's anatomy app that was available at launch? Are we talking >50k? >10k? >1k? <1k?

I appreciate your response btw, very helpful thanks!

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
From a selfish perspective, I'm glad there's a learning curve, and a platform barrier for the MSers.

No easy, first-mover advantage for you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.