Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calomel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Dortmund, Germany
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty sure this issue has already been discussed before sometime ago. I've used the search engine but couldn't find a helpful thread about this.

My iPhone 3G S (black) is going to arrive soon and I would like to protect its back with a case. I'm pretty picky about the design since I don't want to hide Apple's sleek design. I'm therefore looking for something translucent or "invisible", either made of plastic or silicone.

What are your recommendations? I've probably spent a few days looking for reviews, videos, etc. but all they did was confuse me further...

I'm quite impressed with the Griffin Reveal case but, unfortunately enough, I couldn't find it over here in Germany...

Cheers in advance,
calomel

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Just to let you know clear plastic cases will show lots of scratches. Silicon is better but you have to like the grip factor.

calomel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Dortmund, Germany
Thanks for the reply.

I'm actually not too worried about the case getting scratches as long as the back of the iPhone is fine. If it becomes too ugly, I could still go and buy a new case...

I don't think that the grip factor might disturb me too much but I'm curious if you can still see the back of the black iPhone. Most if not all of the silicone cases out there tend to be cloudy, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.