Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Hi guys,

Looking for a computer to run an old game from 1999 on it.

My requirements are either an 11 - 13" screen, run Windows, it needs to be able to be charged over USB-C, and it needs to cost about $300 or less.

I don't mind getting something a generation or two older, or if I can snag it used at that price.

Thanks!

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
What is the game, or what are its requirements? Does it work in Windows 10, or do you need something older like Windows 98 or XP?

Depending on the situation, it might be easier to get it running in a VM rather than finding a computer that will work.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Hi guys,

Looking for a computer to run an old game from 1999 on it.

My requirements are either an 11 - 13" screen, run Windows, it needs to be able to be charged over USB-C, and it needs to cost about $300 or less.

I don't mind getting something a generation or two older, or if I can snag it used at that price.

Thanks!
Surface Go.

• Love
Reactions: lostPod

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
What is the game, or what are its requirements? Does it work in Windows 10, or do you need something older like Windows 98 or XP?

Depending on the situation, it might be easier to get it running in a VM rather than finding a computer that will work.
I've been able to run older Windows software on my Asus Vivobook L203MA. Even to the point of loading virtualbox on it and creating VMs for Windows XP and running vintage software in the VM.

Walmart sells a Gateway 11.6" notebook $149 USD with the identical specs of the Vivobook...

edit: nevermind. I forgot about the requirement about charging via USB-C. :(

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
I am interested to know the game also (just being nosy.....?)
I have masses of old games from the 90's which where on PC (I seem to recall they where on Win 3.1) and also on my Atari ST (which I wish I hadn't sold), I would love to revisit them....;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.