Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
As the title says, I’m looking for a waterproof or highly water resistant sleeve for my iPad Pro 12.9 that does not have padding. The reason is that my work bag, which I really love and don’t want to replace, already has a very nicely padded laptop sleeve, but the bag itself isn’t super water resistant. I often have to walk a bit to and from the train when I go into work. My iPad is the only thing in there that can’t get a little wet if I get caught in the rain, so I‘ve been looking for a sleeve to protect it. However, every water resistant laptop/iPad sleeve I’ve found so far has padding, and I don’t want to add any extra bulk since the bag itself already has a lot of padding.

This has been really difficult to find, so I was wondering if anyone here ever had a similar need and found something like this. Ideally, I’d love a thin nylon sleeve with an aqua guard zipper, but such a thing doesn’t seem to exist (or at least I haven’t found it yet if it does!) I’m thinking about just making one myself, but I’m not too great at sewing zippers, so if anyone has any suggestions I’d really appreciate it!

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
I’d love a thin nylon sleeve with an aqua guard zipper

If all you need is moisture protection with a reliable waterproof closure, I would look at roll-top dry bags. They are available in many sizes and fabric weights. Then your iPad's main home could be a minimalistic cover, with the dry bag available for whenever you face bad weather.

Three makers I've had good luck with–for protecting camera gear, electronics, and outdoors equipment–are:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.