Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mobile923

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
New York, NY
Hey everyone!

I’m looking for some sort of thin magnetic/adhesive flap to secure the Apple Pencil 2 on a Magic Keyboard/Smart Keyboard Folio

I really like how Logitech has one on their Folio Touch, even how it includes a little loop inside to hold the Pencil so it doesnt have to magnetically docked to the iPad Pro/Air (suppose you take the iPad out of the MK/SKF and don’t need the Pencil)

Any finds would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

2246DDE2-309F-46F5-A867-2B8FC948778A.jpeg

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Reactions: sracer

Mobile923

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
New York, NY
I have been using this now for a couple of months on my iPad Pro Oxford leather case. When not in use it’s completely lies flat.
Thanks for this recommendation - I already have this and it works pretty well! Although I’m just looking for the same feature of the Logitech case that I can add on to Apple’s keyboard cases

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
You can get a pen loop like how the Surface keyboards come with an adhesive loop to adhere to the keyboard.

Mobile923

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
New York, NY
You can get a pen loop like how the Surface keyboards come with an adhesive loop to adhere to the keyboard.
Yep I have this as well! Haha, I’ve tried a few methods for a secondary way to store the Apple Pencil already, but I’m specifically looking a logitech-type flap for a specific purpose.

The simple pen loop is the best so far, it has a little neat advantage: I have it on the keyboard-side of the SKF, so that when the pencil is not in there, it acts as a pull tab to open the case. (pic below) I also tried the Ringke Pen sleeve, but it was too tight and a little cumbersome getting the pen in and out.

F0A42A02-5499-4869-8093-86453014697B.jpeg

Thanks to everyone so far with their suggestions!

The reason the Logitech flap looks like a better alternative for me, is because it can securely hold the pencil when I’m taking the iPad around, especially when its going in and out of a bag frequently. When the pencil is in the loop, sometimes the pencil gets twisted (pic below) and when its being taken or in/out of a bag, the pencil gets snagged and adhesive detaches from the case:

4829BEAD-BCA4-4DC6-BD35-723F34BAC8CD.jpeg

Last edited:

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I have been using this now for a couple of months on my iPad Pro Oxford leather case. When not in use it’s completely lies flat.
thumpsup.gif

I use that with my Mini 5. I have two smartcovers... one with with that sleeve, the other without it... because sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.