Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mba champion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Hi guys. Just bought an iPad air 2 (gold 16gb wifi only) and I'm looking to purchase a case for it with good protection and ventilation. In the past i had a iPad mini with a case that always got more hot than usual with the case on. Thanks for any suggestions and price isn't an issue. Thanks A lot!!!

nuti1925

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2011
IMO the Apple Smart Case is the best case, doesn't make the ipad go hot and offer a good protection without adding too much nulk. But the price of the case is horrible :D it's even more expensive than a freaking Apple TV but I still bought it:D

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
I also would recommend the apple smart case. I use it for my air 2. I haven't used apple cases since when I had my iPad 2 and I bought the Smart Cover for it. I've tried a bunch of cases for my air 2 and this case is the lightest folio style case available. It also provides a good amount of protection without adding much bulk. The only con is the price in my opinion. I got mine for $15 off the regular price at Costco. Considering it's made out of real leather and it comes with apples 1 year warranty it's not that bad of a price. The only other case I would recommend is the devicewear ridge. It has 6 different viewing angles and it's much cheaper than the Apple case but it is about 100 grams heavier than it.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-ipad-air-2-case/

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
I bought the Smart Cover for my air 2 and think it is great for when at home. I got a Smart Case as well for when I take it out with me but I returned it because I don't find the iPad as useful when out. However if I was to be using it away from the house I think it is very good and I would have kept it. The fit is perfect and it is easy to get the iPad in and out of it.

I might get another one actually because there is a guy local to me that is selling one for £30

BuleepMan

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
San Diego
I don't recommend Kensington KeyFolio

When I purchased my iPad Air, I also purchased a Kensington KeyFolio for iPad Air because I wanted a cover and a bluetooth keyboard. The keyboard is very problematic often missing key presses. I do not type quickly and have my share of errors but I know I press the keys and nothing shows up on the screen. I am frustrated to have to go back and fix all the typing errors. The KeyFolio was relatively expensive and I thought I did my research but obviously I didn’t do enough because I recently checked out more reviews of the KeyFolio and found frequent mention of keyboard problem. The case is nice, I like the leather and the extra bulk isn't a problem for me but I do get frustrated using the keyboard and often find myself using the on screen keyboard.

In the past I have had good experiences with Kensington products which is one reason I never researched more. I did contact tech support and they offered to replace the keyboard but I never followed through because I had trashed the original packaging, finding alternate packaging and shipping is problematic since I am disabled and cannot easily get out to a shipping carrier. Frequently I use an Apple's wireless keyboard which came with my iMac.

Jim

Mike4AU

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
I will be buying an Air 2 in the very near future and will probably buy a KAVAJ Hamburg leather case. YMMV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.