Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beansbaxter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2015
Seattle
Every decent iPad Mini 6 case has a spot for the Apple Pencil, which I don't want.

Other than the Apple Smart Folio case, are there any decent iPad Mini 6 cases that don't have a space/spot for the Apple Pencil?

Would prefer something more than just a screen cover, and protects the entire iPad.

Best previous iPad Mini case I ever had was the Khomo, but they don't make one for the newest iPad Mini.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Every decent iPad Mini 6 case has a spot for the Apple Pencil, which I don't want.

Other than the Apple Smart Folio case, are there any decent iPad Mini 6 cases that don't have a space/spot for the Apple Pencil?

Would prefer something more than just a screen cover, and protects the entire iPad.

Best previous iPad Mini case I ever had was the Khomo, but they don't make one for the newest iPad Mini.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

I've looked for the same without luck. I'm using a Zugu case on mine and while I like the case, I wish it didn't have the Pencil slot on the side - without the Pencil in it, the side easily slips off.

Reactions: cygy2k

beansbaxter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2015
Seattle
I've looked for the same without luck.
😭

I've spent a few days searching, and haven't found anything other than the Apple offering.

I like the size of the Mini, but don't like the Pencil and using a case designed for a Pencil takes away the minimized form factor of the Mini.

Reactions: sparksd

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
No offense, but your google search skills must be lacking. ESR makes a number of cases that fall in the range of what you want… https://www.esrgear.com/categories/ipad-mini-6-cases-2021/
I don’t think you understood what he’s looking for. He wants a case that covers up the little strip of metal where the pencil attaches because he doesn’t use a pencil. And… I dunno, it’s a Feng Shui thing, maybe. I don’t use a pencil with my iPad mini but having that side “naked” isn’t causing me to lose any sleep. But, OP wants what he wants and I respect that.

Reactions: beansbaxter

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
I don’t think you understood what he’s looking for. He wants a case that covers up the little strip of metal where the pencil attaches because he doesn’t use a pencil. And… I dunno, it’s a Feng Shui thing, maybe. I don’t use a pencil with my iPad mini but having that side “naked” isn’t causing me to lose any sleep. But, OP wants what he wants and I respect tha
I don’t think you understood what he’s looking for. He wants a case that covers up the little strip of metal where the pencil attaches because he doesn’t use a pencil. And… I dunno, it’s a Feng Shui thing, maybe. I don’t use a pencil with my iPad mini but having that side “naked” isn’t causing me to lose any sleep. But, OP wants what he wants and I respect that.
Some of those cases do indeed have a cover on the side of the iPad where the pencil connects. Just thin enough to not interfere with the pencil charging. I’ve got the one without the screen protector and it covers all sides.

Reactions: LibbyLA

beansbaxter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2015
Seattle
No offense, but your google search skills must be lacking. ESR makes a number of cases that fall in the range of what you want… https://www.esrgear.com/categories/ipad-mini-6-cases-2021/

I wanted to follow up on this thread, and say thank you for this suggestion.

I'm currently outside America, where my options for good quality cases have been severely limited. And finding a decent case that I was capable of buying turned into a bigger priority than buying the iPad.

Today, I bought a new iPad Mini 6 and this ESR Urban Folio case:

Materials feel good. The outside texture is nice for holding. Decent protection. And best of all, it's great without an Apple Pencil, which I never wanted. I'm happy.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.