Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psycoperl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
I am redecorating my bedroom & home office (small apartment so they are one and the same). I am looking for recommendations on LED lighting (possibly ribbon lights) that I can run around the room. I would like to have them be able to be controlled by HomeKit/matter.

mmkerc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2014
Phillips makes a light strip the is Siri compatible. I used three (strung together) for my office desk attaching them to the underside on the overhead shelving. Worked great.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
The Hue strips are reliable but so so expensive. I can’t make a specific recommendation but at $1/foot vs $12, I think I’d at least try one of the cheap kits on Amazon. Just search Amazon for HomeKit led strips.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

mmkerc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2014
The Hue strips are reliable but so so expensive. I can’t make a specific recommendation but at $1/foot vs $12, I think I’d at least try one of the cheap kits on Amazon. Just search Amazon for HomeKit led strips.
I had not realized the price had gone up to stupid levels. When I bought them it was ~$20 for the 3ft string. I did notice that Phillips' Wiz light strips are $20 for 42" string which is more in line with other manufacturers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.