Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
Hey,

I feel like the stock ear tips could go a little bit deeper inside the ear canal.

Any suggestion about specific models that would match this criteria? Memory foam or comply is not mandatory. I could use the extra noise cancellation, but this material usually requires regular replacement due to wear.

Thanks for your input on this matter.
🙂

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
the 1st and 2nd gen pros tips are basically interchangeable. Apple adjusted the sizes of the part that goes into your ear slightly and changed the mesh inside, but the fitting that snaps the tip and pod together is the same on both. Most 3rd party just label them as "gen 1 & 2 compatible"

I usually use comply, they last around 2-4 months, but I'm also not a heavy user. I'm currently trying out foam masters, but didn't notice that much of a diffence. so will probably just go back to comply when I wear these out.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
If only Etymotics would produce ear tips for the AirPods Pro, I’d buy those in a heartbeat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.