Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I'm looking for music apps that support Apple Shortcuts Automation.
The amount of apps that support launching a playlist is really limited (apart from Apple Music, iCatcher podcast, Overcast, Castro podcast player, Broadcasts - radio stations) and some apps that are connected to Apple Music (Soor, Songlist, Playlisty, MusicHarbor, Longplay) unfortunately.

You can of course launch apps this way but I want to simply when connecting to bluetooth of my headphone or car press the mandatory play button (because Apple still thinks this is mandatory even though I'm connecting a well known device to a well known bluetooth connection but anyway). So I'm not talking about voice control via Siri I'm talking about an Automation which I've setupped via Apple Shortcuts.

Besides iCatcher which I now use with my headphone and Broadcasts in the car I would love to see automation support from third party YouTube apps such as Musicana but also from subscription music apps such as Pandora, YouTube Music, Spotify but also free services such as AccuRadio and Jango Radio or a cloud based music player such as CloudBeats Pro.

Last edited:

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
After reaching out to a couple of developers I did see that CloudBeats (Pro) added support for listening to my offline playlists via an Automation. If your into audiobooks you can also use BookPlayer.

I still hope one of the third party YouTube apps such as Musi (developer did say to look into it), Musicana or Drumtify will be able to add it in a feature release although I'm not sure if that is possible since they rely on a third party Google YouTube API.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.