Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
My Apple headphones that came with my iPhone 3GS are starting to take their last breaths. The left one is much quieter than the right one and in fact, they are both pretty quiet (have to use +90% volume to hear anything while ~60% used to be fine. And no, I'm not deaf as 60% is fine with other headphones).

I would like to stay under 50€, preferably I would like to pay around 30€. I really like the navigation buttons in Apple headphones so I would like my new headphones to have that too. I'm looking for something similar to the Apple headphones in terms of form factor (no Porta Pros or something similar) but hopefully with better sound.

I mostly listen to metal (black, death and trash) if that matters.

Last edited:

Proph3T

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
If I was you I'd spend a bit more than that and buy the Klipsch s4i seems to be extremely good earphones even though they are a bit more than you'd like to spend.

joehahn

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
CT
sennheiser's earbuds are great! I do highly recommend getting on or over ear headphones though....

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
If I was you I'd spend a bit more than that and buy the Klipsch s4i seems to be extremely good earphones even though they are a bit more than you'd like to spend.

80€. Hmmm... I'll have to think about them. If there aren't any other good ones with navigation buttons, then I might be able to justify spending a bit more on them.

sennheiser's earbuds are great! I do highly recommend getting on or over ear headphones though....

I have Koss Porta Pros but I don't really like them. The sound is great but they aren't too comfortable, look stupid and are clumsy. I only use headphones when I'm in a bus or going somewhere. They are in my breast pocket when I'm not using them and over-ear HPs are too big.

I guess it's a battle between aforementioned Klipsch s4i and Sennheiser MM 50. Sennheisers are ~20€ cheaper.

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
The left one is much quieter than the right one and in fact, they are both pretty quiet (have to use +90% volume to hear anything while ~60% used to be fine. And no, I'm not deaf as 60% is fine with other headphones)..

I've had 4 pairs of apples on ear headphones and the left has always done that. I bought a pair of cheap Sony Noise Cancelling headphones so you hear everything but don't damage your hearing by having the volume high.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Just bought the Klipsch S4i. They were quite a bit more than I was willing to pay in the first place but there weren't many decent headphones with a mic. Fo far I'm very impressed, I didn't know my music had bass :D Noise cancellation is very effective and the overall sound quality is much better than I expected. Came with 2-year warranty so should last awhile too

fineaddme

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2010
Just bought the Klipsch S4i. They were quite a bit more than I was willing to pay in the first place but there weren't many decent headphones with a mic. Fo far I'm very impressed, I didn't know my music had bass :D Noise cancellation is very effective and the overall sound quality is much better than I expected. Came with 2-year warranty so should last awhile too

great buy i just got some and i am very happy they are quite great

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.