Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GITANAJAVA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Have ibrik, will travel.
A couple of weeks ago, it was necessary to do an "Archive and Install" on my iBook G4 (ver. 10.3.9). Before doing it, I made sure my font book was in good working order and all "buttoned up". However, I only learned today that I've apparently lost for some Middle Eastern-style fonts that I had from Day 1 of buying my iBook new.

Anyone know a free (sorry, I'm on a crash budget) source for these: __Raanana __Caliph __Monotype Corsiva

And yes, I ran a thorough directory check, these fonts are gone.

GITANAJAVA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Have ibrik, will travel.
GITANAJAVA said:
A couple of weeks ago, it was necessary to do an "Archive and Install" on my iBook G4 (ver. 10.3.9). Before doing it, I made sure my font book was in good working order and all "buttoned up". However, I only learned today that I've apparently lost some Middle Eastern-style fonts that I've had from Day 1 of buying my iBook new.

Anyone know a free (sorry, I'm on a crash budget) source for these: __Raanana __Caliph __Monotype Corsiva

And yes, I ran a thorough directory check, these fonts are gone.

.....Still hoping some font wizard will drop by here and share some wizdom_______

(1) Someone have these fonts? Know where to find them (free)?

(2) Did you have these fonts on your original laptop? I did, but now they've evaporated. :(

(3) NE1 have a similar today-the-font-is-here/now-it's-gone after an Archive and install? Preventive measures?

Thanks ;)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I don't know much about anything, let alone fonts, but maybe try using an app like Pacifist to get them off your OSX disks. Otherwise, have a look through your archived system folder (assuming you kept it) for these old fonts. :)

GITANAJAVA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Have ibrik, will travel.
Thanks, Mj...

mad jew said:
I don't know much about anything, let alone fonts, but maybe try using an app like Pacifist to get them off your OSX disks. Otherwise, have a look through your archived system folder (assuming you kept it) for these old fonts. :)

I'll check the Archived Sys Folder, I'm fairly certain I kept the original one. Even though fonts aren't your forte, finding MIA stuff IS among your many strengths. If I don't find the missing fonts, maybe one of the font wizards that visit here will drop by later.

Best to you, 'ta! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.