Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audiomatt

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2017
I'm dreaming of an application that does two things:

previews files
tags files with hotkeys

I can't seem to hack anything together that does what I want. Here's the Details.

Drag in a folder, and a window with two panes appears. On the left you have all the files, on the right you have a preview. The first file in the list is highlighted. The preview for it appears (sound plays if necessary.). The user can tag that file (or skip it) with a hotkey (not a key combo) and the application automatically highlights the next file and previews it. Boom Boom Boom Boom and I'm done with my downloads folder in no time.

I just want to be previewing and hitting keys. No shortcuts with weird modifiers, no services, no qlmanager that doesn't play audio files automatically, no super slow automator actions. I want to slam through my downloads folder at light speed.

Can anyone help? Heck Id pay a few bucks for someone to hack it together in swift. I can't figure that **** out at all.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
I've written such an App, using C plus AppleScript. It previews photos, and lets me permanently rotate them, or tag for further work. It uses a couple of Apple's private APIs, and knows far more about preview than Apple wants us to know. Thus, I will never release it.
It also does show-without-replacement slideshows, which is something Apple should have implemented for pix and playlists 15 years ago.

audiomatt

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2017
I've written such an App, using C plus AppleScript. It previews photos, and lets me permanently rotate them, or tag for further work. It uses a couple of Apple's private APIs, and knows far more about preview than Apple wants us to know. Thus, I will never release it.
It also does show-without-replacement slideshows, which is something Apple should have implemented for pix and playlists 15 years ago.

It seems so incredibly obvious

Reactions: Partron22
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.