Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Hey all,
I run a few websites for myself and I use Wordpress as the backbone for all of them. I know about Ø when it comes to HTML; just the basics. I'm adding something to my blog which will look like the photo attached below (except won't have twitter or newsletter) and I want to be able to make it where depending on where people click on the photo, sends them to a link.

i.e: if they click on "Visit us on Facebook" it opens a new window and sends them to my facebook page. If they click the "Contact Us" it sends them to the contact page.

I know this is possible because I've seen it done on other blogs. Problem is, I can't code this for beans. :rolleyes:

Any help would be super awesome.

This web-noob thanks you.

Attachments

• interaction_off.png
    interaction_off.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

dkotter

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
What you're looking for is an image map. It's not hard to do, if you know anything about HTML and CSS. But since it sounds like you don't, I did a quick search and found this service, that claims to do the work for you. I've never tried it so I can't say how effective it is. You can also google 'create image map' and there are lots of tutorials and probably other tools.

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
What you're looking for is an image map. It's not hard to do, if you know anything about HTML and CSS. But since it sounds like you don't, I did a quick search and found this service, that claims to do the work for you. I've never tried it so I can't say how effective it is. You can also google 'create image map' and there are lots of tutorials and probably other tools.

You are a life saver. Thank you so much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.