Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceGrayAlways

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Hello All!

I am looking to mount an AirTag on an electric scooter somewhere out of sight. The catch is, I think the only way to attach it would be with an adhesive mount. I know Moment has some but their price point (after shipping) is almost $30. Wondering if anyone can recommend any cheaper options that they have tried?

Thanks so much!

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Hello All!

I am looking to mount an AirTag on an electric scooter somewhere out of sight. The catch is, I think the only way to attach it would be with an adhesive mount. I know Moment has some but their price point (after shipping) is almost $30. Wondering if anyone can recommend any cheaper options that they have tried?

Thanks so much!
Use duct tape to put it under the seat.

Edit: I'd coat the airtag in something like cellophane though - you don't want that strong adhesive sticking to the Airtag permanently.

Last edited:

iLoveDeveloping

Suspended
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Hello All!

Thanks so much!
30 bucks is pretty good since you can afford that for a AirTag. Don’t see what the issue is? Even apples keychains are that price. But in all seriousness, is it possible it would fit in the steel pipes of the handlebars if it opens? Or do you have a seat could you put it in there? I put one in my car by opening the headrest and popping it inside then closed it again! Seems weird doing it at the time but it works perfectly, and I don’t get to signal blockage from the cars shell as it’s sitting beside the windows. Without having a picture of your scooter we would all just be guessing how you could do it. Just spend the 30 bucks and get the holder? Seems like a no brainier to me! Save you a lot of headaches for the price of the tracker you just bought !

Last edited:

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
I did buy one of these to put under my hood. Secured it with gorilla glue, then duct tape over top to seal it (and make it a little more proof of the regular vibrations from driving).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.