Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sh9nks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2022
In search of a wireless mouse that's compatible with my M1 MacBook Air and can handle light gaming. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Hmmm...

How many "USBc" mice ARE there?
I'm going to guess that most makers are still building and selling mice with USBa connectors, simply because the "market is still there".

What I'd suggest:
Buy a wireless mouse. I like the Logitech line, that come with their own "unifying receiver" (which also has a USBa port).

Then, get one of these:
Plug the unifying receiver into it, and plug that into one of the USBa ports.

Yes, I realize that it's a dongle.
But it should do the job.

There are small USBc-to-USBa converters, but be aware that if you use one, it will likely block access to neighboring ports because of its size. The little dongle above won't do that.

Reactions: sh9nks

sh9nks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2022
Thanks for the reply. The Logitech wireless mouse with the unifying receiver and the USB-A to USB-C adapter seems like a good workaround. Would you recommend the Logi USB C to A Adaptor?
Hmmm...

How many "USBc" mice ARE there?
I'm going to guess that most makers are still building and selling mice with USBa connectors, simply because the "market is still there".

What I'd suggest:
Buy a wireless mouse. I like the Logitech line, that come with their own "unifying receiver" (which also has a USBa port).

Then, get one of these:
Plug the unifying receiver into it, and plug that into one of the USBa ports.

Yes, I realize that it's a dongle.
But it should do the job.

There are small USBc-to-USBa converters, but be aware that if you use one, it will likely block access to neighboring ports because of its size. The little dongle above won't do that.

sh9nks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2022
I use a Logitech MX Master 3S and in my opinion, it’s the best mouse out there.
Thanks for the suggestion. The Logitech MX Master 3S is a bit beyond my budget. Is the Logitech M650 a good alternative?

MRxROBOT

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2016
01000011 01000001
Thanks for the suggestion. The Logitech MX Master 3S is a bit beyond my budget. Is the Logitech M650 a good alternative?

I prefer the Logitech G305 over the M650, however it requires the use of a dongle. Since you are using it with a MacBook Air I think yo've got the right mouse in mind. The Logitech M650 works with bluetooth so you wont need to use a dongle.

Last edited:
Reactions: sh9nks
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.