Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonathan.T.Harpur

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2022
SionMills Northern Ireland
hello my name is Jonathan I been using Mac since 2009 and upgrade them in 2019 but as we all know the cost of tech is going up and I have had to sit down and work out if it be worth paying what apple are asking and with them no longer making a 27 inch model I don't like the idea of the 24 inch or the Mac Studio

I like the all in one with lager screen and the fact that my files all work across all my devices and there laptops have never let me down

As for windows laptop and desktops I am likening the look of the dell xps rage of desktop and laptops and for the same money I pay apple I can buy machines that I keep for longer and repair my self but with what micrsoft is doing with windows 11 I'm not Sur

I have also been look aot googles offering

I like what I'm seeing and the fact they let u delete old apps from ur account u no longer use and keep ur device clutter free is a nice idea compared to apple and windows these days

I would like to know is it worth investing In apples laptops and desktops when I can get windows machines for same money and I can get a longer life Spain out of them by being able to fix them my self :)

the any help would be great :)

Last edited:

mcnallym

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2008
Really depends upon what you are looking to use the machines for?

Are you wedded to Mac OS?

From your post not really sure what you are even asking.

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
If you're looking for an iMac alternative...

I replaced my mid-2010 Mac Pro tower with an HP ENVY All-in-One. Spec it out to your needs. Haven't had a single issue with it, quite frankly, the transition to Windows 11 from Mac OS was quite painless, all things considered.

Storage and RAM is user upgradeable... the CPU/GPU is set at time of customization.

The only true user upgradeable system type is a desktop tower setup. Cheaper alternatives too... this one just hit my fancy at the time.

Also depends on how much you are invested into the Mac ecosystem...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.