Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dennisdeng_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Hello, im new to the forums, so apologies if im posting a thread in the wrong place etc
I am currently looking to purchase a new Mac by the end of this year and was wondering if i should wait and see if Apple will release a new line of MacBook Air's.Being a Windows user for my whole life, i dont really know the pros and cons of the Airs and if it is worth it. So some questions i would love to get some answers to are
1. Is the 2015 model worth getting or the 2016 ( if its released )
2. General pros and cons
3. General difference between 11 and 13 inch other than the screen sizes
4. Currently in high school and planning to go Uni where the Air would be my main device, would a 128gb be enough or would a 256gb be needed
5. Should i even try getting a Pro
6. Other general advice

Thanks, really appreciate any answers given and again excuse my formatting, im usually a lurker on forums not a poster

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Hello, im new to the forums, so apologies if im posting a thread in the wrong place etc
I am currently looking to purchase a new Mac by the end of this year and was wondering if i should wait and see if Apple will release a new line of MacBook Air's.Being a Windows user for my whole life, i dont really know the pros and cons of the Airs and if it is worth it. So some questions i would love to get some answers to are
1. Is the 2015 model worth getting or the 2016 ( if its released )
2. General pros and cons
3. General difference between 11 and 13 inch other than the screen sizes
4. Currently in high school and planning to go Uni where the Air would be my main device, would a 128gb be enough or would a 256gb be needed
5. Should i even try getting a Pro
6. Other general advice

Thanks, really appreciate any answers given and again excuse my formatting, im usually a lurker on forums not a poster

The 13" has a flash card slot as well as two USB ports. Would go with at least the 256gb version. The 128gb will trip you up down the road, eg.too small to allow addition of the Window's OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.