Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legionsunited

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2018
Localhost
Hi everyone, I was looking forward to buying the HomePod, but I’ve read tons of threads on macrumors and Reddit about how HomePods have death farts and eventually die within two years period. I can’t justify myself as a speaker this costly to only work for two some years.

What should you folks suggest? Is it really the thing that HomePod works for a maximum of two years or those folks with dead HomePods were really unlucky.

malcky77

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2019
I really don’t think they will have a 2 year life....or I hope not anyway as I have 4 HomePods in my house.

I think as with everything in life you always hear the bad things of the few compared to the millions of good things that go unheard.

There will be millions of folks that have bought a HomePod but only a fraction of those users will be on a forum talking about it...in a good or bad way.

Every product from any manufacturer will have a few duds or shorter than hoped lifespan, they are just unlucky....I have no reason to think that any of my HomePods will last less than ten years.

Reactions: legionsunited

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I have 5. They are all alive.

HomePod is a $1 billion dollar business. There is no quality issue.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
I couldn’t live without my HomePod. Get one, you won’t be disappointed

What do you use it for? I use mine with my Apple TV and Apple Music. I’m trying to get more info on use cases to get my wife to use it more as I’m sure it would help her.

Edric_1337

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2018
I also got my pair of HomePods on release day and they still work and sound fantastic. But I have the volume nearly never going over 60% (this is soooo loud).

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Another happy user here - bought one at launch, now I have six. Never had any issues (other than the paired devices in my lounge occasionally losing their pairing - cured by forgetting and re-adding).

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
People usually come to forums looking for solutions to problems when they arise. They usually don’t come to post about how their devices are working as expected. So you’re going to see a lot of problems more than anything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.