Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I'm currently using a Mid-2009 13" MBP 2.26 ghz Core 2 Duo running Snow Leopard with a new 500 GB HDD. I still have the stock 2 GB RAM, but I've been thinking about upgrading to 8 GB RAM and Mountain Lion. With the release of Mavericks, I'm wondering if skipping Mountain Lion would be better. Of course we don't know what the final system requirements will be yet.

Anyone else with the same machine (or another from the same period) use either or both 10.8 and 10.9? Is one better than the other for the Core 2 Duo? I know it's still only the beta, but I don't want to wait too long and have Mountain Lion disappear from the app store.

Thanks!

Mods, if this needs to be moved to the MBP forum, please feel free.

Last edited:

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I'm currently using a Mid-2009 13" MBP 2.26 ghz Core 2 Duo running Snow Leopard with a new 500 GB HDD. I still have the stock 2 GB RAM, but I've been thinking about upgrading to 8 GB RAM and Mountain Lion. With the release of Mavericks, I'm wondering if skipping Mountain Lion would be better. Of course we don't know what the final system requirements will be yet.

Anyone else with the same machine (or another from the same period) use either or both 10.8 and 10.9? Is one better than the other for the Core 2 Duo? I know it's still only the beta, but I don't want to wait too long and have Mountain Lion disappear from the app store.

Thanks!

Mods, if this needs to be moved to the MBP forum, please feel free.

It will support your system as of DP1. That may change. Just wait for the final release, Mavericks is the speedier OS so i hear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.