Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myke323

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2006
I have a mid 2010 15-inch MBP (6,2). I am running Sierra and just upgraded to an SSD. It is running sweet now.

I want to upgrade to High Sierra because I'd like to get updates for some software (Chrome for example which can no longer be updated on Sierra). Although my MBP is running so well now, so I don't want to screw things up.

Any issues with upgrading to High Sierra? Also, if I do it, is it best to just download it from the App Store to my hard drive and install it, or should I go this route: "On an Intel-based Mac, if you use Option-Command-R during startup, you might be offered the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac." Also, I am not doing a clean install, just want to update with all my data/apps intact.

I'm pretty sure High Sierra is the highest I can go on this machine. I believe Mojave won't run on it?

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I upgraded my MacBook Air 2010 4GB with High Sierra Saturday and everything seem1
GREAT!
i had major issues with this Operating system and its programs in 2017,
but im not getting spinning balls and the system seems safe
Safari 13,1,2 is Mojave;s so that stops tracking and ad guard and ad blocker works great!
i would upgrade, i did a upgrade over sierra and then ElCap

hoped this helped!

Last edited:

myke323

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2006
I upgraded my MacBook Air 2020 4GB with High Sierra Saturday and everything seems
GREAT!
i had major issues with this Operating system and its programs in 2017,
but im not getting spinning balls and the system seems safe
Safari 13,1,2 is Mojave;s so that stops tracking and ad guard and ad blocker works great!
i would upgrade, i did a upgrade over sierra and then ElCap

hoped this helped!
Hey you mean 2010, not 2020 right? (I saw your reply in the other thread). Sorry I guess I created multiple threads originally that I thought were consolidated but I guess not. I am having good success with High Sierra as well. I upgraded from 4gb to 8gb of RAM, but I also upgraded to a SSD and that made a huge difference, feels like a new machine!

Reactions: MBAir2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.