Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Not sure why, but LoopRumors is suspended according to the page that is loaded when you go to http://www.LoopRumors.com

Loop Rumors was expected to cover the MacWorld San Francisco keynote and is known for its in depth predictions of the upcoming OSX Leopard.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
My assumption is that, much like Keanu Reeves, THEY KNEW TOO MUCH! (We knew... too much!) THEY WENT TOO FAR! (We went... too far!)

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
This is the page displayed:

Attachments

• looprumors.png
    looprumors.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 102

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Yep, that explains it. Man.. that provider is harsh. They could have left a nicer message such as "This domain is temporarily down due to high traffic"... sheesh!
Most providers have no way of dealing with the sudden influx of traffic from a slashdot or digg posting which is why slashdotted became a verb. It induces panic in many ISPs.

B

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Isnt that the site that posted the (seemingly legitimate) itinerary for MWSF07? I cant find the thread now. But I read it and was very believable. iTV launch, leopard info, new minis and a screen with HDMI.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Isnt that the site that posted the (seemingly legitimate) itinerary for MWSF07? I cant find the thread now. But I read it and was very believable. iTV launch, leopard info, new minis and a screen with HDMI.

Lol. Somebody actually read the posts before merging them. :p :D

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
That's not very professional. They should expect a high load with the event so close, and I would think they must not have very much bandwidth, if excessive load of that article used it all up...

I'm sure they'll just pay for some additional bandwidth and be back soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.