Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caleniko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2020
A few days ago i noticed when using my iphone naked that the ringer switch ist kind of loose vertically, which is a bit annoying. It still works perfectly fine but i expected a $1000 phone to be perfect. On older phones the mute switch always had a bit play up and down, but not in the way my current phone has it. Maybe you could tell me if its by design that the mute switch has a bit play vertically or if i should bring it in to the store.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
It’s not by design. My 11 Pro has the same issue and I agree. Such an expensive device should be flawless. If you can, go to an Apple Store and talk to the folks about it. Maybe they’ll fix it.

Reactions: Taz Mangus

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Update:
Nearly every iPhone in the store has the same issue. I think its just a tolerance that they build in.
I commend you for going to the Apple store and investigating the issue by comparing your phone to other devices. I've watched countless repair videos where they show the construction and replacement of the color of the switch itself and basically it just snaps onto the switch and the switch is then installed to the inner frame using screws. The switch can't fall out of the phone because it's pinned against the opening but since it's just snapped onto the switch there's going to be some play. I'm sure some wiggle more than others..

Reactions: chabig

iAvi

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2022
I haven’t been comfortable with using the button on the 13 pro or my previous phone. Always feel like I will break it. I have set up the back tap for muting, so don’t go anywhere near it.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It’s time for Apple to remove the iconic mute switch and move forward on having it all in the settings. Lol

bleusierra

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2022
Update:
Nearly every iPhone in the store has the same issue. I think its just a tolerance that they build in.
Could that be because people been fiddling with the demo phones? For a personal use phone I don't think it should wiggle. I would get the phone returned and exchanged, it shouldn't be loose at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.