Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mroderic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to see what you all thought of playing Lord of the Rings Online on a macbook. I understand its not meant for gaming, and I certainly did not buy it for it but a friend of mine is playing and if I can I'd like to be able to play with him. I do have windows installed so i have the bootcamp option since the game is not available for OSX, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with playing it on a macbook and if its worth it or rather playable to the point where the expereince can be enjoyed just not obviously on the highest level.

Thank you all in advance

afkbradshaw

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
scotland
hi

cannot vouch for macbook, but recently started on macbok pro and it flies, and from discussions with windoze users seems to be very very good. Defaulted to highest settings for graphics etc and no issues with redrawing/gameplaying etc. So worth trying. There is a free 7 day trial just now so you can play without any costs to try, I would expect it to be fine.

BTW using bootcamp as well, games prefer full reboot

Draythor

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Exeter University, UK
Turn off the shadows/ extra lighting effects and you should be OK. The Dula Core should be able to handle it, but as the guy above says download the free trial and give it a go.

winchest

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2006
It works fine on MB 2.0 CD with 2 GB Ram in bootcamp. Keep the graphics detail down a bit and you will have no problems. Bump them to the highest setting and it will not work at all.

mroderic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I just wanted to sa thank you to everyone who responded. I did dl the 7 day free trial and played it on my macbook. It runs, ok and thats all i cared about.

On a side note the game is quite fun different than WOW and as I played that game forever it compares well.

Thanks again everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.