Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I can see now how much problems iPad poses to some people.. that choose to do the things the old way. Idunno what to tell you. Is putting music to apple cloud with itunes still an option? Can you do that maybe? Im not sure. I dont use my library really, which is a shame, but I dont… I just stream now, albeit I like it that way. Its simpler.
For myself, I don’t stream as I travel to a lot of places with poor or no Internet connectivity.

mrLucas

Suspended
Jul 30, 2021
For myself, I don’t stream as I travel to a lot of places with poor or no Internet connectivity.
you can download music with Apple Music. And you have the whole catalog up to it’s a pretty big catalog of the hall of music in the world it’s a pretty great deal really and it only cost 10 years a month so yeah that’s great. And there’s no reason not to use it if you go to places with poor Internet connectivity as you don’t really need the Internet to use it.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
nPlayer can't read iTunes encrypted media.

I don't think you can play those from USB-C external storage anyway. You'd just need lots of local storage for those and direct download from the iPad.

On 256GB iPads (Air 4 and mini 6), I kinda need to reserve local storage for manga/comics so it's been nice being able to play (my own ripped) movies from USB-C flash drive with Infuse Pro app.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
you can download music with Apple Music. And you have the whole catalog up to it’s a pretty big catalog of the hall of music in the world it’s a pretty great deal really and it only cost 10 years a month so yeah that’s great. And there’s no reason not to use it if you go to places with poor Internet connectivity as you don’t really need the Internet to use it.
My 20GB of music is stored locally and movies and large data sets are on external USB-C storage.

mrLucas

Suspended
Jul 30, 2021
My 20GB of music is stored locally and movies and large data sets are on external USB-C storage.
you can also download them from Apple Music. That way you would have it stored locally and you can play it whenever you want, or you can stream it when you have Internet. But as I understand you don’t always have Internet but that’s why Apple has made an option for you to download these things that you like to listen to and store them on your device. It’s a very very very convenient way and I like it a lot

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
you can also download them from Apple Music. That way you would have it stored locally and you can play it whenever you want, or you can stream it when you have Internet. But as I understand you don’t always have Internet but that’s why Apple has made an option for you to download these things that you like to listen to and store them on your device. It’s a very very very convenient way and I like it a lot
My 20GB of music is from CDs and I’m not going to repurchase.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I subscribe to Apple Music and I also have my own music library which I keep downloaded to my iPhone. I think the combination of my own music and Apple Music works perfectly. I can download any new songs that I hear and can decide later on if I wish to purchase them out right. My own music library is then accessible on all my devices, be that my phone or another device in the cloud to steam. I consider my iPhone to be my main portable music player which is why my music library stays downloaded there.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

DeepSix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2022
Don't worry, I sold mine too. Loved it at first but it was a garbage device to me in the end. I couldn't get over how bad the screen was. Went with the 11 Pro and no regrets. Wish I had gone with the Pro in the first place and save myself from losing money on the mini 6. Mini 6 is the worse ipad for value in the current lineup. It should be about $50 cheaper. But I fell for the hype and got one.

Saw no point in keeping a device that had such poor scaling. Apple might or might not fix it and even if they did, it could be a 2 year wait. A big risk to take. I buy devices that are usable and fully optimized today, not in a year or two.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.