Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnOCFII

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Minnesota, USA
Greetings,

I think I lost my AirPods Pro. The last time I KNOW I had them was in my house, Tuesday at 5:08 PM. I was getting in to my car, and while I had expected to leave my AirPods at home, when I went to look for them Wednesday morning, I could not find them. The Find My... App shows them as last reported in my home at 5:08 PM. Assuming I DID take them in the car with me, (along with my iPhone) should the Find My... location for my AirPods Pro have been updated to show a location over the next couple of hours that I was away from home?

So -- should I trust Find My and keep looking at home based on the AirPods Pro last known location? Or should I assume that I did take them with me, and that they likely feel out of my car when I got away from home, and that, for whatever reason, I never see an updated AirPods Pro location?

Thanks for any advice!

John

JohnOCFII

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Minnesota, USA
Just to close the loop on this, I found my AirPods on Friday (two days after I noticed them missing). They were in a different pocket of a coat. So -- to answer my question above, I guess I can't trust Find My... to find my AirPods. I even walked around the house (within 3 feet of the coat holding the AirPods) and it never registered.

Oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.