Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Recently I lost the ablility to have my Apple devices sync messages via my iPhone, iPad and MBA. I'm guessing I accidently turned the sync option off. Can anyone tell me how to restore it. For example, if I got a text on my iPad, it would repeat on my iPhone and MBA.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Recently I lost the ablility to have my Apple devices sync messages via my iPhone, iPad and MBA. I'm guessing I accidently turned the sync option off. Can anyone tell me how to restore it. For example, if I got a text on my iPad, it would repeat on my iPhone and MBA.
Assuming you have 2FA, maybe you can turn iCloud message on. Other than that, go to “Text message forwarding” and turn on your iPad and Mac. If they are turned on, turn off, restart your iPhone, and turn back on.

I cannot find any more settings for message forwarding features. There may be more settings with 2FA on. Mine is off.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Assuming you have 2FA, maybe you can turn iCloud message on. Other than that, go to “Text message forwarding” and turn on your iPad and Mac. If they are turned on, turn off, restart your iPhone, and turn back on.

I cannot find any more settings for message forwarding features. There may be more settings with 2FA on. Mine is off.
Is "2FA" mean Facebook?

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Two factor authentication.
Thanks! I googled 2FB and didn't come close to that. The closest one was "2faced***".

And yes, I'm very familiar with Two factor authentication. To me it means I have to run downstairs to get my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.