Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LCross9185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2020
I copied content from an important note intending to start a new note with that content. I deleted the content from the first note and then unfortunately forgot to start the new note. When I remembered, the copied content was no longer on my clipboard. It was gone. I have a backup that contains the note, so I restored my phone. After restoring, the content shows up on the old note for about 2 seconds, and then disappears. I have tried restoring a few times and it keeps doing the same thing. I thought it was syncing to my iPad so I turned off my iPad. I tried on syncing my notes from iCloud but that just deleted all of my notes altogether. I talked to Apple support and there only suggestion was to use a third party recovery app. But I am hoping there is a simpler and easier way. Does anybody have any ideas?

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
There is a ‘Recently Deleted’ folder in Notes. The deleted note should go there for several days before actually disappearing.

LCross9185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2020
There is a ‘Recently Deleted’ folder in Notes. The deleted note should go there for several days before actually disappearing.
Yeah but my problem is that I deleted content from the note. NOT the actual note.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.