Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
hello,

it's a small issue, i know, but i would love to retrieve the photo's from my memory stick...

i've got a sony u-20, and a memory card reader pc card... one night took photo's which were kinda important, looked at them inside the camera, put the stick in the pc card reader and all of the photo's ONLY FROM THAT NIGHT were no longer there!

currupted files? is there any way to retrieve them?

thanks for helping,

richard.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: Lost photo's on memory stick!

Originally posted by whyrichard
hello,

it's a small issue, i know, but i would love to retrieve the photo's from my memory stick...

i've got a sony u-20, and a memory card reader pc card... one night took photo's which were kinda important, looked at them inside the camera, put the stick in the pc card reader and all of the photo's ONLY FROM THAT NIGHT were no longer there!

currupted files? is there any way to retrieve them?

thanks for helping,

richard.
You are going to have to be more specific. A card reader can't ripe you files. My first question would be: "Did you make sure that you did accidentally switch memory sticks?"

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
yes, i am sure it is the same memory stick, i only have one.

looking in the camera, all pics there, a few hours later, all pics from only that time period were missing.

it's happened before, and i'm beginning to think that flashmedia is sometimes unstable.

my question is, if the files for that day somehow became currupted, is there any way i can attempt to retrieve some of the jpeg information?

another thing that seems interesting... when i choose 'info' from the finder, it reads that there is nine mgs of photographs. however, when i select the jpegs shown by the finder in the memory stick, it says that the photographs take up something like three mgs of data.

as if to suggest there are around six mgs of photos that i can't see through the finder... there are no other files i know of on the memory stick...

any clues?

thanks,

r.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
What happens if you connect the camera and use Image Capture? Do you then see all the photos? Can you still see them on the camera? I would try to connect the camera, I have had issues with those card readers at times, but Panther's support for them seems to have improved.

cpjakes

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
i second connecting via image capture, or even iPhoto...

when you are in Finder, did you try looking at different view modes? could it be that some of the folders are hidden or out of the window?

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Try the above suggestions then look for an app called Photo Rescue (i think, it should have an icon of an easter island guy). I costs money, but it does the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.