Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacConvert2007

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2007
I finally upgraded from a 2009 MacBook Pro to a 2021 model. Everything copied over fine and I went from El Capitan to Monterey 12.4. Also, I had still been using iTunes so the move forced Apple Music on me. With iTunes gone I started the free trial to the monthly service.

At first it looked like everything transferred over fine. All my song play counts were still there. Then it starting syncing my music collection to iCloud and I started trying different settings as I am a music fiend. But today when I turned the machine on I noticed most of my play counts that went all the way back to 2007 were gone. Most tracks just have a blank play count entry.

How do I get the play counts back? I must have hit the wrong setting or maybe it was the iCloud sync. Should I cancel Apple Music or is all that info gone? I guess I could reload from my Time Machine backup if I knew what caused the reset.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions.

Last edited:

verm

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2022
HKG
Maybe try re importing your old iTunes library file when you option click Music?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.