Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rimmsi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2021
Czech Republic
Hello, I will try to ask here about a problem with my MP 7.1. I bought the device used on ebay. Everything is beautifully clean and without signs of use. However, I have a problem on Windows systems installed via BootCamp, sometimes when I connect a USB drive, an ester SSD to a Thunderbolt or USB port, the wifi fails. It happens even when I connect the drives to the USB port on the Sonnet Allegro Pro Type-A USB 3.2 PCIe card. When I remove the USB device after a while, the wifi starts working normally. Everything is fine in MacOS. Has anyone encountered the same problem? I have tried different versions of Windows, drivers from the wifi card(newest, older), chipset, etc. but nothing helps. Thank you.

Rimmsi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2021
Czech Republic
So problem solved. If someone has the same problem in the future, there is a partial solution. I received a shipment last week with a new Sonnet Fusion M2 2x4 PCIe card. I added the Samsung 970 Pro drive to the card and went to install Windows on that drive. I created an installation USB drive with Windows 10 to which I added a folder with drivers downloaded using Brigadier. In MacOS, I formatted the drive, installed Windows, and then installed the BootCamp drivers downloaded with Brigadier. To my surprise, the Wifi network was no longer lost after connecting the USB3 drive. I checked in device manager if everything is installed. Many devices were not installed, so I decided to repair BootCamp using drivers downloaded directly from MacOS. And that was the mistake, not only did the missing drivers not install, but I also started having Wifi network outages again. At this point I already knew that the problem would be somewhere in the BootCamp drivers downloaded directly in MacOS. So I did a clean install of Windows and drivers downloaded with Brigadier. I manually installed the missing drivers and everything works as it should. Installing BootCamp from MacOS seems to add something that causes conflicts with USB3 devices and the Wifi card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.