Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smartie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
I have Lotus Notes Traveler Companion, on my iOS devices (iPhone 4 and iPad 2) so that I can access my corporate email on those devices from everywhere. The mail goes directly to the default iOS mail app.

I'm about to switch from Windows PC to OS X, so I don't yet have a Mac and access to the Mac app store.

Now to my question, does a similar app exist for OS X as for iOS so that I can get my corporate mail to the default mail app on the Mac?

ScoobyMcDoo

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Maybe ask your system admin if there is an IMAP or POP3 option he can turn on? I don't know much about Domino server, so I don't know if those options are available.

I did see that there is a Lotus Notes client for mac.

Smartie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Maybe ask your system admin if there is an IMAP or POP3 option he can turn on? I don't know much about Domino server, so I don't know if those options are available.

I did see that there is a Lotus Notes client for mac.

Thanks for the suggestion, those options exist in Lotus Notes but are turned off at our corporation. Automatic forwarding is also turned off. The only option to ios devices is to go through the Notes Traveller app, and I was hoping that one or a similar app also exists in Mac App Store but it seems like it doesn't since no one has suggested it.

geemamoore

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2016
Mac OS X is fully featured email client application that include with the Mac OS X mavericks. If you compared other mac email client that have no any new features included In mail and several other glitches with mail and other IMAP services.
The second one is Mail.app this will provide a free full featured email client for every new mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.