Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Guys - what’s the sound setting that controls the ding sound after you press the mic button on the keyboard? It’s very loud right now and changing ringer & alerts in settings didn’t impact this

Thx

etaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Anybody? Not sure where the music controls are either but I turned down the sound using volume button and Siri is still too loud

etaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Wow, didn't know this would be so difficult to achieve on the iphone

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Press the mic button on the keyboard (so you get the ding), the dictation level should be showing.
Change the volume settings, from the volume buttons. That will also change the ding volume.
I'm not sure if that also changes the sensitivity of the microphone, but you would need to experiment with that a bit.
(not so difficult... :cool: )

Reactions: etaleb

etaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Beautiful - that worked. Now, any chance you also know how to reduce the actual Siri response volume? It's too loud when I ask questions like how is the weather

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
hmm... you should try talking to Siri about that. You just need to tell Siri to speak softer...
This should work - https://www.howtogeek.com/683332/how-to-adjust-siri’s-volume-on-iphone-and-ipad/

Reactions: etaleb
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.