Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solly

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2014
Is anyone around suffering from very low earpiece volume through calls with the beta5?!

i am trying to play with setting to check if it is solvable...

asu1996

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
Is anyone around suffering from very low earpiece volume through calls with the beta5?!

i am trying to play with setting to check if it is solvable...
Yep I have this as well. Volume rocker all the way up and can barely hear people sometimes even in quiet environments. If it is noisy around me, forget about it. I have actually had to use speakerphone quite a few times just to be able to hear the other party. Really annoying.

solly

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2014
Yep I have this as well. Volume rocker all the way up and can barely hear people sometimes even in quiet environments. If it is noisy around me, forget about it. I have actually had to use speakerphone quite a few times just to be able to hear the other party. Really annoying.

i've been playing around with setting, and disabling noise cancelling really helped alot. could you try it and report back to make sure its not a coincidence...

Here what i did:
Enable Hearing Aid Mode
Force restart
disable Hearing Aid Mode
Enable Noise cancellation
Force Restart
Disable Noise Cancellation

Sound alot higher now...

Reactions: mofoliar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.