Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
I certainly notice the performance slow down - even simple screen transitions are more "crunchy" or jarring as the frame rate drops.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I certainly notice the performance slow down - even simple screen transitions are more "crunchy" or jarring as the frame rate drops.

Agreed. I think low mode certainly consverves battery power, but it does have its drawbacks as you mentioned with the screen frame lag, longer delays when using applications and a dimmer display.

thizisweird

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Agreed. I think low mode certainly consverves battery power, but it does have its drawbacks as you mentioned with the screen frame lag, longer delays when using applications and a dimmer display.

I find it funny that I never noticed a frame rate drop..... I tend to notice that kind of thing. Maybe I was just so used to low quality Android screens before my iPhone that I didn't care to notice that lol. Come to think of it, though, I did notice a slight lag with app switching. I guess that, being new to the phone, I wasn't looking for that to be something from using the low power mode. I probably chalked it up to the apps I was using (some were a little buggy), and the minor issues with iOS I was experiencing (which a restore fixed later on).

I might play around with the setting sometime and see what I do notice. I've owned the phone for 2 months now, so I'm much more acquainted with it's typical performance. This might make for a fun little experiment in my spare time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.