Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

note235

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Without headphones are calls suppose to be really low?
I can barely hear without headphones.

note235

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
People talking right?

people talking or visual voicemail inaudible without headphones is not okay right?

umm?
should i go to the genius bar?

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
Use the volume buttons on the left side of the phone

And keep in mind that there are different volume settings for headphones, speakerphone, Bluetooth, etc.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
a lot of people seem to be having this problem, me included. it's not SUPER low... i mean, i can hear. but if i was in a noisy environment, i doubt i'd be able to hear it. and what stinks is that i don't have an apple store nearby so i'm trying to figure out what to do.

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
a lot of people seem to be having this problem, me included. it's not SUPER low... i mean, i can hear. but if i was in a noisy environment, i doubt i'd be able to hear it. and what stinks is that i don't have an apple store nearby so i'm trying to figure out what to do.

Did you try adjusting the volume with the buttons on the side of the phone while you were using the phone? Mine got very loud.

llthomps

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Earpiece plastic

Over in Apple discussions some users have resolved this issue by removing the plastic over the ear piece. Others continue to have problems.

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
sure did, it's cranked all the way up.

Yikes. Might be time to hit the Genius Bar, because mine got really loud. FWIW, I did read in another thread that someone went into the volume section of their settings and turned it all the way down, then back up and it corrected the issue. They figured it was some kinda software bug. Good luck!

mattster16

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2004
yeah my earpiece volume is low too. A lot of people seem to be having the same problem. I am sure they can fix this with a software update though...kind of how they did with the macbook pro volume issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.